Sunday, September 4, 2011
The Boy is Five Months
I know that this post is LONG overdue. This is the first month that I put off taking Caiden's pictures close to the 15th of the month. I really wanted to take his pictures in Barbados with his cute little fedora hat on the beach, so I waited a week and a half and took them our first day of vacation. Month 5 was a big milestone month for Caiden. We didn't do a whole lot of exciting things, but he sure had an exciting month of growth!
-The boy started sitting up on his own, and boy oh boy was he proud of himself. You could see the pride written all over his face and smile. He's still a bit shaky, but he's getting stronger!
-He started getting his bottom two front teeth. The right one has officially poked through, and I think to stay (crossing fingers) but the left tooth is still playing the miserable up/down game.
-Caiden had a stare off with a milk cow at a farm we went and visited. His eyes got really big as the cow got closer to his face. He didn't blink, he didn't cry; he was just staring.
-He got to play with paint for the first time. It got everywhere. He looked like a smurf. He loved sitting in his bumbo in the sink to rinse off though!
-He watched his momma and daddy run in the Warrior Dash in the Catskill Mountains in upstate New York.
- Caiden tried rice cereal. It lasted 5 days before we decided his digestive system wasn't quite ready (aka no poops for 5 days). We'll try again in a month or two. I'm not in any particular rush to have stinky baby poops so nursing it is for a while.
-The boy loves to kiss. He even gives kisses to his stuffed giraffe. I personally love the slobber kisses. I get one every time he wakes up in the morning and after each nap and periodically throughout the day. He's also big on hugs. He loves to wrap his little arms around your neck and climb up your body with his legs while nuzzling his nose in to your neck. He also flirts with just about every pretty lady at church. Ladies man.
-Caiden loves to watch Elmo. I'll put him in his Jeep walker and turn on Sesame Street at 7am while I eat breakfast. He doesn't care about the rest of the show, but when Elmo comes on he is glued to the TV.
-He still absolutely LOVES his bouncer.
-The boy is officially allowed to travel abroad- he received his first passport in the mail this month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

too freakin cute!! what a little man! love him!
ReplyDelete