Monday, December 12, 2011

Chicken Green Chile.

Did anyone else shed a tear when Bajio vanished overnight and became Costa Vida? I thought I would never taste the chicken green chile salad again. I was a tad heartbroken. Heartbroken until last night, until I made my own! The recipe was so good I have to share. Caiden even enjoyed himself an adult portion today for lunch, and he has taken over the title of Family Pickiest Eater. 





5 chicken breasts
1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
1 Tbsp cumin
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 oz. can of diced green chilies
6 oz. of Sprite
Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low for 5 hours. Remove chicken and shred. In the mean time add some corn starch to thicken the juices. Return chicken to crock pot to cook for 1 more hour. Eat however you please! Miles enjoyed his as a burrito with cheese and salsa. I put a tortilla in my bowl, warmed it, then added rice, lettuce, chicken, sour cream, salsa, avocado and cheese and had myself a chicken green chile salad. Caiden enjoyed the chicken straight off his plate! Any way you eat I promise it will be muy delicioso!    

3 comments:

  1. whoza, this looks delish! and on top of that, LOVE the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Kylie's comment... so delicious + I am also in LOVE with your cartoon portraits, seriously adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...I'm trying this! Dang, I just went grocery shopping! Might have to go again!

    ReplyDelete